Have you been wanting to take the CCDS exam?
Is it time to re-certify and you currently have an active certification?
Are you an active National ACDIS member and an active Georgia ACDIS member?
The Georgia ACDIS board in compliance with the chapter’s bylaws is now accepting nominations for recipient of the “Gateway to CCDS Scholarship”. This is an exclusive benefit for Georgia ACDIS chapter members, a potential award for scholarship for the CCDS certification. Starting this year in 2021, we will also award a scholarship for the CCDS recertification. The value of the scholarship is $255, to cover the cost of the CCDS, or $100 to cover the cost of the CCDS recertification.
Requirements for Certification:
- The candidate must be both a current member of both national ACDIS and Georgia ACDIS at time of submission.
- Have at least two (2) years of experience (4000 hours) as a documentation specialist and must be able to list their documentation specialist experience. (A year of experience is defined as full-time employment or greater than 2,000 hours worked during that year.)
- The candidate must be a RN, RHIA, RHIT, MD or DO with at least two (2) years of experience as a concurrent or retrospective documentation specialist in an inpatient acute care facility using the United States IPPS system.
- A short biography of the candidate (nominated or yourself) along with their/your WHY. It should be no longer than three (3) paragraphs.
- In addition, two (2) references must be submitted, along with each reference’s email and phone number. Once received, a questionnaire consisting of three (3) questions will be sent directly to the referral. A reference cannot be submitted from a GA-ACDIS Officer/ Board member.
Please email the full name, telephone number and email address along with the biography to Scholarship Submission.
We have extended the due date for submission to November 30, 2021.
Once again you may nominate someone or yourself.